Friday, December 11, 2015

Smart Kitty

The vision for this project spans back to last winter.  I worked on it by fits and starts between March and last week.  Finally, I got over my fear of messing it up and used some marine adhesive to glue it all together.  It turned out to be far sturdier and stabler than I expected - also washable. 


It's a cat puzzle feeder.  I stash some dry food in each pipe, and she must fish it out to eat.  This gives her a challenge and makes eating a little more interesting.  It supposedly also forces her to eat more slowly, and maybe feel satisfied with less food.


 
She figured it out really fast.



Who's a smart little kitty?

(Cats are not cooperative subjects for action photos!)

1 comment:

Niki said...

Pretty neat. Much more impressive than the cardboard box with a side cut out of it and a towel thrown over it, turned upside down over a cat bed (Blue's Kitty Kave), in an effort to keep him warm.